News

Jennifer Lopez joins Harry Connick Jr. for ‘Idol’

Jennifer Lopez joins Harry Connick Jr. for ‘Idol’

Photo: WENN/Mr. Blue

Jennifer Lopez has confirmed her return to American Idol as a judge.

The singer/actress will take a seat on the panel alongside Harry Connick, Jr. and Keith Urban for season 13 of the talent show.

The news comes almost a month after Lopez’s dancer boyfriend Casper Smart let it slip that she would be back on the program.

Confirming her return to Idol, Lopez told show host Ryan Seacrest, “To be honest, right now is the worst time for me to stop and do Idol… I’m doing two movies and I have my album coming out… but I’m doing it because I want to. I love it and I’ve had such a good time with it.

“When things are meant to be, they kind of just find a way back into your life… I know that people like to make a big deal about money… but I do it because I love it… I’m really excited about this year… I’m glad that they wanted me back even though I said no last year.”

And she has already found chemistry with Urban and Connick, Jr. after joining them for dinner recently.

She adds, “We’ve sat down and we had dinner and stuff… It was like a lot of people taking little jibes at each other.”

Lopez quit the show after two seasons last year and her spot was filled by Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj, who walked away from Idol in May. Urban replaced Lopez’s former sidekick Steven Tyler and announced he’d be back for season 13 of the show in July.

Latest Stories

in Viral Videos

WATCH: Girls dive out of window in daring escape from fire

10-overlay

Two girls were trapped in a burning apartment, but thanks to the help of some alert neighbors they made it out alive.

in Entertainment

Older, wiser Schwarzenegger returns in ‘Terminator: Genisys’

15-overlay

Arnold Schwarzenegger may be older but that doesn't stop him from destroying his younger self, as the former governor returns to one of his most recognizable roles.

in Sports

Ex-Cowboys player C.J. Spillman charged with sexual assault

cjspillman

Spillman, who has played six seasons in the NFL, is suspected of sexual assaulting a woman at a Dallas hotel.

in National, World

U.S. runs hundreds of counter-terrorism investigations

Police tape cordons off the site of a car bomb attack in Sanaa, Yemen, Tuesday, June 30, 2015. The explosion occurred near a military hospital in the Yemeni capital on Monday, causing dozens of casualties including civilians, security officials said. The Islamic State's Sanaa Division claimed responsibility on Twitter for detonating the parked car bomb, according to the SITE Intelligence Group monitoring service. (AP Photo/Hani Mohammed)

U.S. authorities are pursuing hundreds of active counter-terrorism investigations embracing all 50 American states.