Fire Heavily Damages House In Four Seasons

Fire Heavily Damages House In Four Seasons

Photo: WINA

A fire in the Four Seasons subdivision has left one Albemarle County resident without a home. It happened after a mattress caught fire after one of his visiting granddaughters lit a candle in a second story bedroom. The two-alarm blaze broke out around 7 a.m. Thursday on Lakeview Drive. Albemarle Fire and Rescue estimates the damage to be $150,000.



Latest Stories

in Entertainment

REVIEW: ‘Creed’ builds on the legacy of ‘Rocky’


"Creed" stays rooted in tradition while simultaneously taking the entire franchise in a new direction as vital as it is welcome.

in Black Friday, Entertainment

11 awkward Thanksgiving jokes


Worried about spending quality time with family this weekend? Cut the dinner table tension with a delightfully awful Thanksgiving zinger.

in Black Friday, National

WATCH: How holiday shopping can help charities


In the frenzy of holiday shopping, consumers are doing more than getting great deals, they’re also using coupons to help raise money for a number of worthy causes.

in Black Friday, Entertainment

HOLIDAY TV: What to watch this week


From classic specials to movies and competitions, this week is packed with programs to get you in the holiday spirit.

in Albemarle County, Charlottesville City, Local, Surrounding Counties, UVA, UVA Sports

WINA Now Also On 98.9 FM

WINA New Logo

Newsradio 1070 WINA is now also available at 98.9 FM.