Two houses in Albemarle County were damaged by fire Monday afternoon and shortly before 1 a.m. Tuesday. The first happened at around 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Mill Creek subdivision. Albemarle Fire and Rescue says fire damaged the attic and chimney area of a single-family house in the 200-block of Homestead Lane in Mill Creek South. There were no injuries. Damage is estimated at around $27,000. The second fire happened at around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday at 4357 Sharon Road in Esmont. Responders saw flames coming from the roof and second floor of a single-family house. Total damage is estimated at around $130,000.
Some worry the state's new voter ID law will keep some people out of the voting booth.
in Viral Videos
The decorations and synchronized light display on this house is so impressive, we won't even ask for candy.
The State Department says Jeffrey Fowle, one of three Americans being held in North Korea, has been released.
Some activist groups are voicing concerns over a new photo ID law.
A Florida mom wants action figures from the popular series banned from Toys 'R' Us stores.