News

Alec Baldwin tears up during testimony against accused stalker

Alec Baldwin tears up during testimony against accused stalker

BALDWIN IN COURT: Actor Alec Baldwin (R) departs after testifying in the trial against Genevieve Sabourin at Manhattan Criminal court in New York, Nov. 12. Photo: Reuters/Lucas Jackson

Alec Baldwin accused stalker has been ordered to spend 30 days behind bars for contempt of court after continually interrupting proceedings in her ongoing trial.

French Canadian actress Genevieve Sabourin is currently facing charges of bombarding the 55-year-old actor with emails and voicemails, and making unwelcome visits to his Big Apple homes after enjoying a meal with him in 2010.

Baldwin denied ever engaging in a romantic relationship with Sabourin during testimony in Manhattan Criminal Court on Tuesday, and called her alleged pestering “nightmarish” as he broke down on the stand.

His claims prompted a number of outbursts from the 41-year-old suspect, who loudly accused the actor of “lying” on multiple occasions. Judge Robert Mandelbaum ordered her to stay quiet and threatened to hold her in contempt of court for her actions, before she was bundled out of the courtroom by her lawyer, Todd Spodek.

When she returned to court on Wednesday, she was marched off to jail after disobeying Judge Mandelbaum’s warnings by interrupting her own attorney.

In another trial twist, movie producer Martin Bregman has also accused Baldwin of lying under oath after the actor told the court he only met Sabourin for dinner as a favor to the veteran filmmaker, who had reportedly been having an affair with the woman.

The former “30 Rock” star, who grew emotional during the hearing, claimed 41-year-old Sabourin was the married Scarface producer’s longtime mistress – an allegation that stunned Bregman and prompted him to speak out to the New York Daily News.

He says, “He’s lying… To sidestep any involvement with (Sabourin), he made up a report.”

Branding the move “pretty stupid”, he added, “I’m 87-years-old and that (reports of an affair with younger woman Sabourin) is very flattering, but that’s all it is.”

Tuesday’s court proceedings also featured testimony from Baldwin’s wife Hilaria, who told the court she once tried to reason with Sabourin over the phone in a bid to persuade her to leave the couple alone.

Recalling the conversation, Hilaria, who wed Baldwin last year, said, “She starts shrieking at me, ‘You b****! You b**t**! You b****! You b****!’ Over and over again.”

The trial continues.

Latest Stories

in Entertainment

Daughter reveals Joan Rivers is still on life support

Comedian Joan Rivers arrives for the premiere of the documentary "Joan Rivers - A Piece Of Work" during the 2010 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah January 25, 2010.

Comedian Joan Rivers remains on life support after being hospitalized in serious condition due to cardiac arrest.

in National

Manufacturing, construction data point to sturdy U.S. growth

An overall view of the assembly line where the BMW X4 is made at the BMW manufacturing plant in Spartanburg, South Carolina March 28, 2014.

U.S. manufacturing activity hit a nearly 3-1/2-year high last month, a sign the economy entered the third quarter on strong footing.

in Sports

Indianapolis Colts owner pleads guilty to intoxicated driving

James Irsay, owner of the NFL's Indianapolis Colts, is pictured in this undated handout photo obtained by Reuters March 17, 2014.

Billionaire James Irsay, owner of the Indianapolis Colts, was arrested in March after failing roadside field-sobriety tests.

in Sports

Phillies’ Cole Hamels, bullpen combine for no-hitter

Sep 1, 2014; Atlanta, GA, USA; Philadelphia Phillies starting pitcher Cole Hamels (35) throws the ball against the Atlanta Braves in the second inning at Turner Field.

Cole Hamels set up a combined no-hitter for the Philadelphia Phillies as they beat the Atlanta Braves 7-0 at Turner Field in Atlanta.

in National, World

ISIS releases beheading video of American Steven Sotloff

A masked Islamic State militant speaks next to a man purported to be U.S. journalist Steven Sotloff at an unknown location in this still image from an undated video posted on a social media website.

The Islamic State militant group released a video purporting to show the beheading of U.S. hostage Steven Sotloff.