News

Actor Orlando Bloom, model Miranda Kerr separate

Actor Orlando Bloom, model Miranda Kerr separate

COUPLE SPLITS: Orlando Bloom (R) and Miranda Kerr at the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California Feb. 24. Photo: Reuters/REUTERS/Danny Moloshok

NEW YORK (Reuters) – British actor Orlando Bloom and Australian model Miranda Kerr have separated after three years of marriage, the couple said on Friday.

Bloom, 36, who is starring in a modern-day version of “Romeo and Juliet” on Broadway, and Kerr, 30, said they have been amicably separated for the past few months.

The couple began dating in 2007, married in July 2010 and has a 2-year-old son, Flynn.

“After six years together, they have recently decided to formalize their separation,” their representative said in a statement.

“Despite this being the end of their marriage, they love, support and respect each other as both parents of their son and as family,” the statement added.

The announcement ended almost a year of speculation that Bloom, the star of Hollywood blockbusters “Lord of the Rings” and “Pirates of the Caribbean,” and Kerr, one of the highest-earning models, were parting.

The couple have not appeared in public together since Bloom’s Broadway debut on September 19 in “Romeo and Juliet” opposite actress Condola Rashad.

Latest Stories

in Sports

NFL TV ratings rise despite domestic violence fumble

Fresh
nfl

More Americans are watching football than last year, signaling the NFL's handling of domestic violence cases has not dented its popularity.

in Sports

Tuesday’s Sports Minute

Fresh
royals

In addition to Monday Night’s game between the Pats and the Chiefs, here is a look at the other big…

in Sports

Neutral arbitrator to hear Ray Rice appeal

Fresh
rayrice

This marks the first time a neutral arbitrator had been appointed in a personal conduct disciplinary case.

in Sports

Charles scores three as Chiefs crush Patriots

Fresh
chiefs

Playing in front of a pumped up home crowd the Chiefs shot out to a 17-0 halftime lead and were never headed.

in National, World

Congress vote on campaign against ISIS could lag to 2015

Fresh
isis

Congress may not vote until next year on authorizing air strikes against Islamic State militants, despite some lawmakers' insistence that approval is already overdue.