Local

Trailer Fire In Northwest Albemarle, Small Fire On Prospect Ave.

Photo: WINA

Trailer Fire In Northwest Albemarle, Small Fire On Prospect Ave.

A resident of the northwest corner of Albemarle is temporarily homeless after a fire heavily damaged her trailer. The incident happened shortly after 1:30 p.m. Monday in the 7100-block of Red’s Place near Markwood Road. County officials blame the fire on an electrical malfunction of a light that’s under the trailer. The damage to the trailer and its contents is estimated to be $20,000. Investigators say the Red Cross is providing temporary shelter for the woman who lived in the trailer and her child. Meanwhile, city crews responded to a fire on the back porch of a residence at 782 Prospect Avenue. Damage was confined to the porch area. That fire happened at around 2 p.m.