Local

Saturday Fire Guts Trailer At Southwood

Saturday Fire Guts Trailer At Southwood

A fire gutted a mobile home in Albemarle County early Saturday. The 3:15 a.m. blaze happened in the 1000 block of Diamond Court in the Southwood Trailer Park. A 44-year-old woman and her teenaged son managed to get out of their trailer, but the woman was taken to a local hospital with injuries. Investigators believe a problem with a power strip in the living room led to the fire. Albemarle Fire and Rescue officials say the trailer is a total loss.