There was a kitchen fire Monday night at a residence off East Rio Road. It happened shortly before 7 p.m. at 1100 Towne Lane, which is across from the Charlottesville Catholic School. A woman who lives there told firefighters she left food cooking on the stove and the power went out. She forgot the burners were in the “on” position, and when the power came back on, the food burned and the fire spread to part of the kitchen. Total damage is estimated at around ten-thousand dollars.
1 hour ago in Entertainment
A look at the entertainment industry's biggest stories from years past.
today in Entertainment
The iconic game show host takes over his old duties during a special birthday celebration.
yesterday in Entertainment
The fantasy film genre boasts some great sequels, but is "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" one of them?
Virginia's Court of Appeals has heard George Huguely's request for a new trial.