Local

Kitchen Fire On Anderson Street

Kitchen Fire On Anderson Street

City firefighters battled a kitchen fire Monday morning on Anderson Street. Smoke was seen coming from a house shortly after 11:30 a.m. (pictured).   The City Fire Marshal says the kitchen fire at 925 Anderson Street was an accident caused by an electrical malfunction.    Investigators say there were electrical appliances next to a stove that were  plugged into a strip cord or surge protector, and one person who lived in the house had used a  toaster just before the fire was discovered.   A man and an infant were checked for possible smoke inhalation. They’ll need to stay someplace else. The Red Cross is helping out.