Local

Fire Prompts Evacuation Of Turtle Creek Condominium

Photo: WINA

Fire Prompts Evacuation Of Turtle Creek Condominium

Area firefighters say residents of an apartment complex in the 100-block of Turtle Creek Road were evacuated Saturday morning. A fire originated in a bedroom and closet of a condominum at 125 Turtle Creek Road shortly after 8 a.m. Saturday. The Albemarle Fire Marshal’s Office estimates the damage at slightly more than $80,000. There were no injuries. Assistant Fire Marshal Shawn Maddox says the incident remains under investigation.