Local

Fire Guts Mobile Home At Southwood

Fire Guts Mobile Home At Southwood

A fire gutted a mobile home in Albemarle County early Saturday. The 3:15 a.m. blaze happened in the 1000 block of Diamond Court in the Southwood Trailer Park. A 44-year-old woman and her teenaged son managed to get out of the trailer, but the woman was transported to a local hospital with injuries. Albemarle Fire and Rescue officials believe a problem with a power strip in the living room prompted the fire. Investigators say the trailer is a total loss.