Local

Carbon Monoxide Incident At BRSC

Photo: WINA

Carbon Monoxide Incident At BRSC

There was a carbon monoxide incident at some businesses in the Barracks Road Shopping Center Wednesday morning. City firefighters went to the Hair Cuttery in the island of the shopping center shortly before 9 a.m. They found somebody was using a gas-powered concrete saw inside the building, and smoke and exhaust from the saw was filling into the business, resulting in an accumulation of carbon monoxide. Fire Chief Charles Werner says the Hair Cuttery and some other businesses were evacuated. A woman reported she was having trouble breathing, and she received medical treatment. Firefighters ventilated the building. All businesses were reopened and everything returned to normal shortly after 10 a.m.