Saturday, May 3rd 2014
4:00 pm - 8:00 am
Albemarle High School
Join the fight against cancer and the movement to create a world with more birthdays by participating in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Charlottesville/Albemarle. This inspiring overnight event unites the entire community in celebrating those who have had cancer, remembering loved ones lost, and providing an opportunity to fight back against the disease. Relay For Life supports the American Cancer Society’s mission to save lives by helping people stay well, by helping people get well, by finding cures and by fighting back. Last year, the Relay For Life of Charlottesville/Albemarle raised more than $90,000 for the fight against cancer.
• Organize a Relay Team—Invite your friends and family to join you and make it fun to raise money with your loved ones!
• Join A Team—Visit the Relay website (www.relayforlife.org/cvilleva) to join an existing team!
• Encourage your employer to start a Relay Team – What a great way to show employees that they care!
• Survivor Walk & Reception—Encourage all cancer survivors to walk in the Opening Lap for Relay and allow the crowd to show their support! Stay for the Survivors Reception and hear about available resources!
• Invite Caregivers to participate in a special Lap around the track as we recognize the special contribution that they make!
• Honor or remember someone with the purchase of a luminaria and help us “Light Up the Track”!
There will be activities for all ages and entertainment, too! Relay For Life is not just another event – it is an EXPERIENCE! Don’t miss it!
For more information on the Relay For Life of Charlottesville/Albemarle, contact Jane Johnson at (434) 978-7423 or visit www.relayforlife.org/cvilleva.